Our current hosting charge is 20p per MB per year.|
The calculated number of MBs used is based on two things:
- The size on disk of all your files on the server, including databases.
- The bandwidth that you are using each month.
This ensures that hosting costs more accurately reflect server resource usage.
- Disk space usage is calculated
- Your bandwidth usage is found and divided by 10 (a
factor based on relative cost to us of bandwidth and disk space).
- The larger of these two numbers, is then multiplied by the hosting charge per MB per year and divided by 12.
- The resulting cost is then rounded to the
nearest whole penny and debited from your account.
10MB disk usage, 130MB bandwidth used.
130 / 10 = 13
13 is greater than 10, so 13 is used.
Hence 13 is multiplied by the yearly hosting cost then divided by 12 to give a hosting cost for the month.
13*20/12 = 21.67, rounded to nearest whole penny to give a hosting cost of 22p for the month.